New Orleans Info
We look forward to your visit to New Orleans.
There are many things to do while you’re in New Orleans. Here are a few we recommend:
- Cruising the Mississippi River aboard Steamboat Natchez while listening to traditional New Orleans jazz.
- Taking a Gray Line Tour - select from 13 different offerings each day, from swamp to plantation, and city to ghosts, and more. Take a glimpse into three of ours at https://vimeo.com/203911753
- Strolling around Jackson Square, browsing the artwork from local artists and enjoying the street performers, walk the riverfront, and eat beignets at Cafe Beignet.
Restaurants and Night Life
Leave yourself time to explore the many restaurants located throughout this beautiful city.
New Orleans is known for its world-famous nightlife. We’re the home of jazz, have a love affair with music, and know a thing or two about festive celebrations. To get the rundown of all of the jazz shows and other music performances check out this calendar of live music.
The minimum age to purchase alcoholic beverages is 21 years old, per state law. International guests should use their passport as proof of age, instead of a driver's license.
Don’t leave your kids behind. New Orleans is a very family-friendly city. Check out NewOrleansKids.com for many kid-friendly attractions.
There’s always something to do in New Orleans no matter when you visit.
- Calendar of events for happenings while you are in town.
- New Orleans events broken down by month.